Assignment #2.1: Design Problem Definition
Posted on Wed May 8 10:36 PM
My gap, updatedTake better and more immersive video with regular digital cameras while riding a bicycle, motorcycle, skiing, skating or other kind of similar action sports.
In what way may I...
- Have fun, enjoy life and help others enjoy life as well.
- Tell better stories, communicate, entertain and connect with people by sharing my life experiences with them, while having fun in the process.
- Be able to share good quality immersive videos with my friends, family and community.
- (*) Take better and more immersive video with regular digital cameras while riding a bicycle, motorcycle, skiing, skating or other kind of similar action sports.
- Provide more control and flexibility, so you can take videos while doing action activities without being hindered by the video-taking activity.
- Finding a lightweight, simple, sturdy and inexpensive solution so you can easily take videos while doing anything else.
Assignment #2.2: Finding User Needs
Posted on Wed May 8 10:47 PM
Camera Mount: To take better and more immersive video with regular digital cameras while riding a bicycle, motorcycle, skiing, etc.
Feedback on finding user needs
It was interesting talking with other users and conducting interviews on a product that doesn't yet exist. The user needs and feedback were surprising, and made me re-think the idea I originally had. It is very valuable to conduct this kind of interviews so you can re-frame your problems and value. Sometimes the users don't have a lot of time so it would be good to motivate them somehow to share their time and valuable feedback with you.
User needs list
- Camera mount is tough
- Camera mount is durable
- Camera mount can survive a lot of vibration
- Camera mount protects the camera under rain (!)
- Camera mount is weather proof
- Camera mount is water proof
- Camera mount protects the camera from impact
- Camera mount works in extreme cold
- Camera mount works in extreme heat
- Camera mount requires minimum (or no) maintenance
- Camera mount protects the camera when used at high speeds (ie. motorcycle)
- Camera mount is tightly fastened with the camera (camera doesn't fall off)
- Camera mount is adaptable
- Camera mount has a quick release function for the camera (!)
- Camera mount fits most sizes of people
- Camera mount fits many kinds of cameras
- Camera mount lets you manipulate your camera
- Camera mount lets you decide on the position and angle of the camera (!)
- Camera mount provides a way to prevent excessive vibration in the video (!)
- Camera mount is easy to use
- Camera mount adapts with the camera in seconds
- Camera mount easily couples with a backpack
- Camera mount prevents cameras from dangling
- Camera mount provides a way to include a flashlight
- Camera mount looks cool
- Camera mount is non intrusive
- Camera mount is inconspicous
- Camera mount doesn't look cheap or "ghetto"
- Camera mount can be machine washed
- Camera mount can be taken on your pocket
- Camera mount is of good build quality
- Camera mount is lightweight
- Camera mount doesn't break easily
- Camera mount can be easily fixed
- Camera mount is comfortable (!)
- Camera mount tolerates abuse
- Camera mount supports high speeds
- Camera mount is inexpensive
Assignment #2.3: Visual Expression
Posted on Wed May 8 11:58 PM
Here are the sketches for the Visual Expression assignment.